Wednesday, October 2

It's A Girl...

A couple of months ago I was asked by my friends daughter and her boyfriend IF I could be their baby's Godmother. After a few tears and checking over and over that they definitely wanted me I agreed.
I was so happy and scared, anxious, excited and many many other emotions all at once but I couldn't believe that I finally get to have a Goddaughter. I do currently have 2 Godsons one of which is my nephew but being an Auntie to him was a more important job which it is, but I still count him anyway :)

Over the last couple of months I have been making a few bits for the baby, I made a Dragonfly Blanket, Unicorn Security Blanket and last but not least a Preemie Octopus. At the start of the pregnancy they wasn't sure if she'd be able to carry to full term because of some issues that she has, they had given her certain weeks they needed to get her too and it kept changing as the pregnancy progressed which is good in a way, but it meant having to wait a little longer.. It was very scary last week (23rd September) when I was informed that she had a really bad bleed and I woke to a message letting me know whats happened. She had loads of scans and checks and they sent her from hospital in Chichester to the one in Portsmouth. They kept her in Portsmouth for a few days keeping an eye on her and baby and despite the bleed the baby was still health and happy. At this point I had received videos of hearing her heartbeat and seeing how strong the heartbeat was. One of the videos I was sent my friends daughter was having contractions so I got to see those numbers rise for that which was interesting as I never knew that their machinery was able to tell how strong they are!
They was told at the start of last week that they're going to get baby out on Thursday but instead they sent her back to Chichester and after that sent her home told her to rest for a few days and that they had booked her in for the Monday (30th September) to have her C-Section. She had pre-op next day but I couldn't see her because I had a really bad cold so I was told last week that I needed to get rid of it before I get to meet baby. Which I did in time thankfully..
After baby was cleaned up they decided to give her the Preemie Octopus that I had made for her and she took to it quite quickly and wouldn't let it go hehe I got sent pictures from them showing me her cuddling and holding the octopus and I was then told that the hospital staff loved it and said how well it was made and it may have been mentioned that they could possibly do with some more in the future. So the plan is to make more to donate to the hospital when completed.

Yesterday (1st October 2019) Mummy, Daddy & baby came home and I was so happy to see them both and excited to meet their baby girl. I didn't want to give her up she is very tiny and so beautiful. I am such a lucky girl to have such an amazing 2nd family which is what my friend and her family are to me. And although it still hasn't sunk in that I have a Goddaughter I am bursting at the seams with love for them and their baby

No comments:

Post a Comment