Tuesday, March 24

It's Official The UK Is Pretty Much In Lockdown...

I was meant to come on my laptop last night to write an entry especially following the announcement our Prime Minister, Boris Johnson has said and what he has decided is to put us pretty much on a Lockdown in hopes to stop this Coronavirus spreading and infecting more people.

This virus has been going around the world for the last couple of months now but I have not posted anything about it because in my opinion and with talks with my mum & sister that this isn't as bad as the news and media but more importantly social media makes it sound worse than it is, and with that it has let the whole world go into panic mode and everyone is in turn panic buying everything that they can get their hands on which then lead the shops to sell out of everything pretty much. This has left everyone who hasn't panic shopped struggling to buy any kind of food and toilet roll.

Luckily, I did a shop almost 3 weeks ago and was able to buy 2 tins of beans, 2 tins of beans and sausages, 2 tins vegetable soup, tin of tomato soup (had 1 in cupboard anyway) managed to buy a few micro meals and I brought 3 tiny loaves of bread I don't normally buy that many but because it's so small I knew it would all fit in my freezer. I have since been shopping and stocked up on the toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and pads so least IF I get low I don't have to go out just for those bits because lets face it although they are essential I don't want to go out just for those. Plus none of us know how long we will have to stay in for so at least I have those bits as they aren't as important as it would be to buy food.
Also, last night my sister took my mum and I shopping and I managed to pick up some more bits granted I didn't actually need any of it lol but I now have some other bits so I don't get bored of what I already have in. I managed to get some milk and cereal so that will make a nice change. I also picked up some lettuce, cucumber cherry tomato's and I picked up some wraps so I can at least have wraps or just salad for my dinner as I grabbed some ham whilst I was there last night and I got tuna when I was in B&M on Friday with my friend as she also took me out then to grab some shopping. The only thing I know I will run out of is toilet roll. But that's because everyone has been buying them for almost a month and when there is a delivery they're gone so quickly. But my mum has said she can give me some of hers my friend has offered to give me some of hers as well and my sister is still working nights at Sainsburys and has said that if I need anything to give her a shout also and she will get somethings for me.

I am so lucky that I live pretty much in the middle between my mum and my sister as I know neither of them are far away, what worries me more than anything is not being able to see my sister and my nephews properly. But I don't wanna risk picking anything up and passing it on to my mum or sister and especially my nephews I could never forgive myself if I made my nephews poorly :( it is going to be lonely as I live on my own but I can at least do video calls and talk to them and see them although it wont be the same as if I was actually sitting with them playing with them talking to them and having cuddles.

At the moment for me, nothing much has changed as I do not go far anyway and also because I know that I have access to others ways of seeing and speaking to them but it wont be the same which is a shame but it is what it is and for now it will have to do. I just honestly hope that other people in the UK aren't stupid and stick to the guidelines that have been put in place so we can stop this virus spreading and ensure that no one else gets poorly and we can all get back to normal and the way it was before this virus hit the UK and the rest of the world. I have seen that there are no new cases in China which is good to know I just hope that now with other places and countries in lockdown this means that they can tackle this.
I am going to do the best I can to look after myself it is going to be hard as I am not actually very good at doing.. but I gotta try which is the main thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment