Tuesday, August 12

Rest In Peace Robin Williams 1951-2014


R.I.P Robin Williams
21st July 1951 to 11th August 2014

Now, this is something that I have found to be very distressing, something that I know I can relate to in some small way. He may well have been famous, we obviously didn't meet, but depression is something that I know a lot about what with suffering with it for most of my life.

I have to say, that it goes to show that no matter how famous, talented rich etc. people always fight battles that we don't even know about. I believe that no one knew that Robin was suffering with depression, and fought his demons daily, especially with him being a comedian and an actor. He really is a brave brave man for continuing living his life regardless of how he felt on a daily basis. But, it is a shame that it took his own life. I really hope that he is now at peace and is free from his demons.

With all of this in mind, I hope that people will remember him for the comedian and actor he was, funny and all the brilliant films he has starred in for example:
The Voice Of Batty In Fern Gully
The Genie In Aladdin
Mrs Doubtfire
Good Will Hunting
Hook
And many more to mention.

I've picked up these images off facebook to share with you all.



I was browsing Google for some more quotes of his to add to this post, but I found something extraordinary.. I had no idea that Robin Williams & Christopher Reeve was friends. I remember learning of his riding accident which left him Paralyzed, but I had no idea of what involvement Robin had with the charity.
"But in the wake of Reeve's crippling 1995 riding accident, Williams vowed to pick up whatever hospital costs Reeve's insurance didn't cover."
Click here for more information that was left about their friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment