Sunday, December 21

It's Almost Christmas....

I am kinda looking forward to Christmas.... YES I Just said that :/

For the first time in many years, I have hated Christmas, just not been very interested in it and never knew why, I did mentally block a lot of my past out of my mind, so I think it might have been down to loosing my Nan early 1996, growing up and then within the last 5 years, my parent's splitting up!

I think that the magic of Christmas just shriveled up and died in me.. My sister on the other hand, she loves Christmas and everything about it.. She's always been like it, even before she had my nephew..
Only thing I loved about Christmas was Christmas music and movies.


My Favourite Christmas Movie:
Muppet's Christmas Carol
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

My Favourite Christmas Song:
Fairytale Of New York

When I was a kid, we would get out all the old Christmas video's we had, the Disney ones and sing a long songs.. And that's all I remember about Christmas when I was a kid.
There are some 'family videos' around where my parents used to record us opening gifts and playing with them but I can look at them now and I wouldn't even remember anything I got :( it is a little sad that I do not remember much, but I blocked out so much and I don't know why.

I am hoping that this year, my attitude towards Christmas will change.. I know that it isn't going to be the same, especially since I know there should be a little one running around and learning about the magic of Christmas, and leaving milk and mince pie for santa and a carrot for the reindeer lol

Hopefully.... One day..... My luck will change!

No comments:

Post a Comment