Thursday, July 19

Insomnia Sucks...

For a while I have been having problems sleeping, but it seems to have got worse recently! I can't sleep at night, I am often awake till 2am sometimes later.
What's more confusing is that I was prescribed Promethazine by a Doctor at my local Mental Health Center to take as and when I need them, but I was also told by one of the ladies I am seeing that I shouldn't keep taking any medication and I should just do the "Sleep Hygiene" we talked about in sessions.
So I am constantly arguing with myself at night with trying not too take my tablets and trying this "Sleep Hygiene" but it's not working! This heat isn't helping, even with my windows open at night and using a fan but I try not to keep it on because I don't wanna use up too much electricity..

My evening routine is this:
9pm I take my medication (Mirtazpine & Quetiapine)
10pm I start getting ready for bed
11pm (sometimes earlier) I put Family Guy on ITV2 it varies what time it's on! I have that on for an hour and turn over to ITV2+1!
But recently, my telly doesn't seem to want to allow ITV2+1 so I have to watch what I watch then put my Playstation on so I can watch Family Guy & American Dad on Fox.. Sometimes I have to change it and find a movie to put on instead because the internet crashes or the live streaming isn't working!

Think the issues with my routine being messed up with ITV2+1 doesn't really help much, but I can't change that. I don't want to have Sky, plus where I am in a flat I cannot have Sky so I chose to get my PS3 and use the Sky App on my Dads account.

I am doing the best that I can with all this and all my issues and the heat, but it is knocking me back a little! Especially since if I am awake till 3am or later and when I finally fall asleep it's interupted sleep and I wake up at 1pm or 2pm and this isn't good!

No comments:

Post a Comment