Thursday, July 26

Thinking About Graphic Design...

Over the years I have learnt to do so much with my laptop. One of them being Glitter Graphics! I found these years ago when I also got into the Doll Graphics that you used to be able to make up, this was something that interested me, so I found different websites that do these said graphics and I learnt how to use Paint Shop Pro & Animation Shop! Love these programs and are so much fun!

Glitter fills are little rectangles of colour with some kind of sparkle added to them, you open these up in Animation Shop and copy each layer over to PSP and paint certain parts of the graphic you are creating and then put them back into Animation Shop to animate them and your done!

I loved doing these, and I even managed to make different Disney Cliparts glitter! It was soo much fun! This was all done before Facebook took off and these graphics were used on websites called Bebo & Myspace! I enjoyed making the different layouts for Bebo & Myspace for myself and others, it was so much fun! Funny when you think about it now and that Bebo & Myspace longer exists pretty much!

When I joined Facebook none of the glitter stuff could be shared, you can now share gif's though so who knows maybe in the future they can be added to be used on there ;)
After a few years of having basic profiles they added Timeline Banners! Which meant you could have any picture you wanted displayed on your profile! This was great, because you could put any photograph etc up!
I came across the Angel Mum Community in 2010 when I lost my baby due to Ectopic Pregnancy and found that there was many pages out there that made graphics for Angels and I joined a few and made a few friends and then after a while I decided that I was going to do the same! I already knew how to make layouts for Myspace & Bebo, I was confident in what I was doing and I enjoyed making different pictures etc.
Only issue I had when I solely worked on Angel Graphics I never realized how difficult it would be when you see how many people have lost beautiful angels as well, I have to admit I did struggle a little, but then I decided that I was going to introduce other kinds of graphics which helped.
I have to admit I have had loads of different pages made up over the years because drama found me and I had to close down pages and open up new ones, or I decided I wanted to create a different name which is something I did quite often lol

I have not done any kind of designing in years, mainly because I didn't have the internet for the last 4-5 yrs until I moved into my own place and now having Internet I decided that it was time to pick it back up again! Only issue is, when I went to plug my hard drive in to see what I have on my hard drive to re-create or bring back it wouldn't work! Thought it was my USB lead so I brought a new one and still nothing! Today I looked at the plug again as I needed to know what cable to buy I noticed that some of the copper wires inside the cable had broken! Which explains why it doesn't wanna turn on, but it was odd because the plug was still getting hot? I ordered a new cable today so gotta wait for that to come then I can hopefully get into my hard drive!
Looking forward to doing some more designing again as I have been wanting to design stuff but as I said no internet so I didn't do anything about it, till now...

No comments:

Post a Comment